“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.”

|
Tender Age of 5 My grandmother (mama) made this ballerina outfit (and every single outfit for my cousins and I until I was 18 years old) for my fifth birthday. If I could go back and talk to this girl I'll tell her "don't grow up its a trap". I thought I was going be a professional dancer. |
 |
Favorite Children's Book
The Day the Crayons Quit by Hope Lynn Price, is such a clever and brilliantly thought out story, about a box of crayons who are expressing their feelings and frustrations to their owner Duncan. Through a stack of letters filled with witty, and humorous confessions. Beautiful pictures filled with colorful, and imaginative illustrations. Children love this story because it talks about their favorite colors and it gets their imagination flowing. |
 |
Favorite Children's Book
I couldn't pick between the two. “These Hands” is a cute short story, about the many things we can do with our hands. The author and illustrator work harmoniously together making this children's story so eloquent, but yet so simple. Through, expressing gratitude and appreciation to the importance of our hands. I had the privilege of meeting Hope Lynn Price and Bryan Collier at The Harlem School of Arts/Artscape summer camp. I have a signed copy of their book and I read it frequently to my students. |
 |
Favorite Drawing from A Child
During my years of teaching I have always collected drawings, letters, cards, small gifts and tokens of their appreciation, from my students. My last year working at Icahn Charter School 2, I had a big collection of all their drawings and letters on my Wall of Appreciation. Luckily, I happen to have taken a picture of them.
|
 |
A Heart Warming Story
During my studies at City College I took a class on Children in Films. We had the pleasure of viewing a couple of inspirational stories. There was this one particular film about a transgender boy who, from a very young age, knew what he wanted to be and didn't care what society had to say about it. I don't remember the actual name of the film but it was so good not to mention. This film show-cased, adversity, discrimination, and how to overcome the struggles of society's view on what is normal and what is not. |
 |
Favorite Dr. Seuss Quote
Dr. Seuss is one of my favorite children's book author. As an educator, I have read a lot of Dr. Seuss books and fell in love with his words. This quote speaks to me because I have the brains I have the feet why not make them best out of them and put them to great use. |
 |
First Stepping Up Ceremony
This picture was for my very first Stepping Up Ceremony. as the head teacher. My students did such a great job for being their very first time performing for an audience. Proud Teacher Moment! |
 |
Week of The Child
Classroom 3 Week Of The Child. We had so much fun, cooking, singing, |
 |
I Do It For The Kids
Halloween 2014 I dressed up as Dr. Seuss for my students, they loved it. |
Hi ! I love the pictures you posted, they show how much you really love what your doing and the passion you have for it! Thank you for describing each picture so that it was easy for me to understand! Great blog!
ReplyDeleteHi Paola
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your blog post. Dr. Seuss is also my favorite children's book author. His books are always fun for the kids. They may not remember the entire story, but they remember parts of it. Oh The Places You'll Go has to be my most favorite along with The Cat In The Hat. It can be explained in so many ways. I especially enjoyed your picture as Dr. Seuss. I look forward to more or your blog posts.
Hi Paola,
ReplyDeleteYour photos are awesome. I see you are a Dr. Seuss fan. It was great reading your posts.
Thank you so very much for sharing. Your post have inspired me to tap into my creativity. If you have some pins that you use on Pinterest of something I would love to be able to share with you. Continue to shine!!
ReplyDelete